Weronika and Przemysław are a young married couple who have rented their old family house for five years. Over time, however, their house started to be less and less attractive among the competition. Poor advertising, inadequate prices as well as uncomfortable and outdated furniture finally led to a drop in the occupancy to 33% in summer season and 15% in low season.
Przemysław came across our offer two years ago. Today the amount of bookings is 100% during summer holidays and 67% in low season. Moreover, the average guest rating has risen to 9.5/10. How did we do it?
5 steps to success according to Renters
- Firstly, we refreshed the façade and developed the garden. We know how important the first impression is. Besides, a stay in a neat and well-maintained house is much more pleasant. A dedicated relaxation and entertainment area in the garden constitute another strong advantage, truly appreciated by tourists.
- Secondly, we renovated and redesigned the interiors. Let us remember that even apparently less important details, such as an adequate number of chairs at the table or a privacy-ensuring blind, may affect the final rating given by the guests.
Results during the first year of rental
- Thirdly, we increased the number of accommodation places. To this end, the old kitchen on the first floor was transformed into another bedroom. If the rooms are large, let us not be afraid of furnishing them with two or three additional beds. Tourists often choose spacious houses when they want to come in a group, and such groups are what we are interested in. However, we may not forget about comfort; we should never reduce it through too extensive accumulation of beds. Our broad experience in Renters has taught us, that in order to consider the project successful, it is necessary to seek reasonable balance between these two issues.
- Fourthly, we performed a professional photo session, being a significant component of the advertising process and the house’s showcase. Tourist frequently book houses slightly more expensive than the ones of the competition just because they fall in love with the pictures. Renters cooperates with professional photographers who bring out the best in their shots, so that your house seems larger, warmer and more cosy.
- Fifthly, we arranged for professional internet advertising, addressed to as many potential clients as possible. Such adverting process needs to be constantly monitored and adjusted to the market. Add in professional booking service, maintenance and cleaning services as well as the hotline at international level, and you are fully successful.